1. HIITHigh Intensity Interval Training has taken over the world in the last year because it works. You can easily create your own HIIT session by combining 3 exercises such as Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Squat jumps. 20 seconds exercise 10 seconds rest, and then move to the next exercise. Repeat until you have completed 3-5 sets of each exercise
2. Pack your meals with proteinEating protein will help build and repair muscle which help fuel the fat burning furnace. Eating protein in every meal not only builds muscle but will help you feel fuller for longer to help fight those cravings.
3. Be more activeBeing more active in your general life will help you become more energised and keep you focused on your long term goal. Try using a pedometer and set yourself a target to reach each day.
4. Weights!Girls, you will not look like a bodybuilder if you lift weights. Weight training is an essential in any person’s fitness regime. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn. Completing multi joint (compound) exercises will give you a larger calorie expenditure than single joint exercises. Complete exercises such as squats, deadlifts & lunges.
5. Fitness ClassesFitness classes are the perfect way to burn extra calories while having fun at the same time. We challenge anybody to take a fitness class and not laugh at some point. Fitness classes are great to meet new people just like yourself with the same goals.
6. Less sugar!Consuming less sugar is a must if you want to achieve your fat loss goals. Your liver can only digest a certain amount of sugar at a time before it turns into fatty acids which then will be stored in the body. Keeping sugar levels low will also help mood and energy levels to be consistent throughout the day.
7. Try something newTrying a new kind of exercise that you have never done before will shock the body into changing and will force the body to use more fat as energy. If you are a keen runner then mix things up with an obstacle course which are held throughout the country or even try yourself at a triathlon to help develop your swimming & cycling.
8. Increase your water intakeIncreasing your water will have a great number of positive effects on your body. Research has shown that drinking water throughout the day can increase your metabolism and cleans the body from toxins. Drink around 2ltr of water throughout your day
9. Split your meals throughout the dayEating 6 small meals a day will keep your metabolism higher than it would be eating just 3 meals a day. This is because there is not as much food to break down at once and there is a constant supply of nutrients to fuel your fat loss.
10. Substitute high fat foods for healthy alternatives